Monday, July 21, 2008

The End is Nigh.

The big wigs up in Tinseltown finally figured out the key to making great movies- quit filling them with worthless crap. Who knew? As a result, we're getting an awesome string of movies this summer and a few more in the pipe to enjoy down the line. One such movie touches on a dynasty very near and dear to our hearts here at Action Direct, the most awesome Terminator series. That's right, I'm talking about Terminator Salvation. I don't know how this one slipped under the radar but I just recently saw the trailer before The Dark Knight (go see it) and I must say, the future belongs to us. None other than Badass Hall of Famer Christian Bale will be playing John Connor and it looks like the supporting cast aint half bad either. To wet your appetites, I present to you this teaser trailer. Enjoy.

3 comments:

Sean said...

what in god's name?! what is christian bale doing in a production like this? i mean, this guy is a fucking serious actor. losing ninety pounds for a crime and punishment remake, working with werner herzog in a film that could have kiled him, bale's the real deal.
there must really be something to this one - i cant see bale doing it if there isnt. besides, even at one inch by two inches on this monitor, the movement is beautiful. lots of strong silhouetes.

Keanu Banderas said...

My thoughts exactly Sean. When one becomes accustomed to seeing talent like Linda Hamilton and Sean Bean in the series it's a bit of a shock to see a marquis name like Bale's tagged on to one of these titles. Don't get me wrong, Sean Bean is my all time favorite B list (possibly C list) actor, but he doesn't exactly have the versatility one sees displayed by Bale. We may be in for a real treat.

Casey said...

It's really exciting. History has shown us that everything Bale touches turns to cinematic gold. I don't want to jinx it, but I have to say that I'm more than a little overjoyed that the folks in charge have decided that the Terminator franchise is worth saving.