Friday, October 24, 2008

Throw 'em 'Bows

Who among you was blown away, or at least mildly impressed by Ong-Bak: Thai Warrior's flying elbows and generally kick-ass action? I remember seeing the trailer and being really pumped, and then seeing the movie and thinking, "Well, it wasn't as good as the trailer made it out to be. But it was pretty damn good. And did you see those 'bows fly?" 

The trailer for Ong-Bak 2 has left me feeling much as the first did, except that I am now expecting to be unimpressed by the plot and even more blown away by the action. I just hope there are at least 50% as many flying elbows in the second installation, since, as you might have gathered from this entry, I think they were the strongest aspect of the first.




PS- I realize that my absence from the blog has been difficult both emotionally and spiritually for many of you. For this, I apologize. I can only hope that you will forgive me and enjoy the few entries that we do post here on Action Direct.

2 comments:

Sean said...

i love the filthy feel of it. makes crouching tiger hidden dragon look like it was filmed in a hospital.

Brandon said...

spot on with the analysis of the trailer v the movie of ong bak 1. i think they found this guy and then were talking and figured lets just have him do some really impressive stunts, blow some stuff up, add a girl, and then fill in the script with failed writings cut from early arnold/jackie chan films. nonetheless, the action was badass. i loved the underground fight club too with the crazy announcer. hopefully it will be more of the best of the first in the sequel.