Wednesday, February 18, 2009

An Homage to Bodhi

I was just surfing the movie blogs and found that \film (recently voted one of Time's top 25 blogs) had just posted this about my all time favorite action movie, Point Break. It's worth reading if you have a few minutes and are at all a fan of the film. 

One of the many interesting details outlined in this little number is that the screenplay for Point Break (originally called simply, Johnny Utah) was written by the same guy who wrote Prayer of the Rollerboys, starring Corey Haim and Patricia Arquette (by-the-by, I'm still looking for a copy of this, so if you know where to find it, let me know)! 

Yet another  factoid, turns out Point Break was directed by Katheryn Bigelow, who was married to James Cameron, who released Terminator 2 at the same time. Good things come in twos, as they say.

Finally, my own personal contribution to the Point Break legacy, I recently named my new dog Bodhi after the Swayze's character. Long live Point Break!

No comments: